One of the best ways of adding to your child's learning experience is by volunteering in the classroom. By giving of your time, you are showing your child that you care about his/her education. It will not only pay off for your child, but for you, too. You will find some guidelines for volunteering below. Have fun volunteering!
1. The children in the classroom have the same rights to confidentiality as adults. What you learn, see or overhear is information that should stay at the center.
2. When volunteering in the classroom, or on a field trip, you may find that your child acts differently than he normally does at home. We ask that you let your child's teacher handle inappropriate behavior with the guidelines that have been set up for behavior management.
3. Rules state there is no smoking at any time where children are present. Also, there is no smoking at any of our centers, so please wait until you get home to smoke.
4. Ask questions of the staff, and if you do not understand your role, question your child's teacher.
5. While volunteering in the classroom, please remember there is to be no gum, candy, coffee, or pop in the children's presence.
6. Children not enrolled in the program are not allowed to visit the classroom unless prior arrangements have been made.
7. Always complete and sign a volunteer sheet.